What are the benefits of cupping therapy?
As a result of detoxification, cupping helps ease muscle pains, diminishes the swelling in tissues, speeds up metabolism, and strengthens the immune system. Recent researches also show that cupping therapy helps to:
Reduce musculoskeletal pain: lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain and fibromyalgia
Induce comfort: muscle relaxation and reduce anxiety
Alleviate digestive problems: Bloating, gastric reflux and constipation conditions
Good for improving recovery: Cough, asthma and common cold
Good for skin issues: Eczema, urticaria, allergic dermatitis
What do your cupping color tells you?
Knowing the cupping colors meaning is important to understand one’s energy state. Many will agree that the red or purplish “giant hickeys” are the most fascinating yet puzzling thing about cupping. If you look closer, you may find that some marks are darker than the others and different areas may have different colors. Here is a cupping therapy color chart to guide you.
Skin Reaction After Cupping
When will the cupping marks go away?
The cupping marks will slowly fade after 5-10 days depending on the circulation and skin’s regenerative ability. The light the color, the faster it fades. If it is light pink, it will fade within an hour but if it is dark purple then it will take up to 2 weeks. If you do not wish to have marks on certain areas, you could let me know beforehand and I will tactfully stay away from those areas.
AFTER CARE RECOMMENDATION FOR
1. If you have to take a shower the same day, please make it a lukewarm water shower.
2. Avoid steam, sauna and exercise after Cupping therapy.
3. Drink plenty of warm water.
4. Avoid exposure to the sun and wind for a minimum of 24 hours and optimally until the discoloration is faded. It is best to keep the area covered.
EFFECT OF CUPPING THERAPY
1. Even if you are aware of the color and marks on the skin and are happy to have them because it removed so much of your pain, remember that your family and friends may not feel the same way. Explain the procedure to them and let them know you are not in pain or damaged.
2. Most of the discoloration will fade in 2-3 days. If sooner it means your circulation is good. If some areas take longer to clear it may indicate a lack of circulation to that area of the body.
3. Occasionally the skin will feel tender with an increased feeling of warmth and range of motion.
4. If you received cupping for muscular pain, take it easy even if you feel a lot better.
5. Avoid cold and sour foods and fluids; this can cause constriction which can make the pain worse.
If a blister isn't too painful, try to keep it intact. Unbroken skin over a blister may provide a natural barrier to bacteria and decreases the risk of infection. Cover it with an adhesive bandage. If you're allergic to the adhesive used in some tape, use paper tape.
Seek medical care if the blister is painful or prevents you from walking or using one of your hands. Consider taking the following self-care measures if medical help is not available.