top of page
TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
Avoid any prolonged sun or tanning exposure (This includes Airbrush or stains) 2 weeks before treatment.
On the day of treatment keep your areas clean, free of make-up & lotions.
EyeLase: In some cases, eye shields are used directly in the eyes. Please be sure to bring glasses if you are a contact lens wearer for comfort.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
● Your skin may feel warm with blotchy redness.It is normal for the treated area to
feel like a sunburn for a few hours. You should use a cold compress or cold water
spray as needed. You may also expect to experience redness and / or purpura
(epidermal bleeding) within the treated area for five to seven days.
● Your skin may have a mild swelling in areas treated. Temporary edema (swelling)
or ecchymosis (bruising) of the tissue of the face and neck and especially the
eyes, usually will subside in 3–7 days. Keeping your head elevated when
sleeping will reduce this. Using cool soaks also helps reduce this.
● You may feel that your skin is tighter immediately following your procedure and
for up to a few weeks. The feeling is due to an initial swelling or edema.
● EyeLase: Your eye may be blurry from the eye drops or lubricant, but should not
be painful or scratchy.
● You can continue to use makeup & skin care regimens following your procedure.
● CLEAN: Use a soothing cleanser with no abrasives and tepid water. Make sure
your hands are clean & pat dry with a towel. Do not rub skin!!
● HYDRATE: Your skin may be more irritable than normal.
● PROTECT: Apply sun protection immediately after your procedure and use daily,
even though you are already avoiding the sun. Avoid direct sun exposure and
tanning beds for at least 1–2 months post treatment in order to reduce the
chance of dark or light spots. A powdered mineral makeup can be worn during
the healing process as a sunscreen, but make sure the makeup is new and the
brush is clean. Liquid sunscreens are not enough, or recommended. Sun
exposure delays the process of healing. Sun exposure can cause damage to the
healing skin and cause undue pigmentation and textural changes that may be
● BATHING/ACTIVITIES: Avoid bathing with very hot water, strenuous exercise,
and massage for 2–3 days post laser skin care treatment.
● NO SMOKING: Smoking increases the risk of post-surgical complications. DO
NOT smoke for 48 hours prior to and at least 7 days after the treatment,
otherwise healing time may be prolonged.
● OTHER PROCEDURES: Avoid tweezing, waxing, bleaching or chemical peels
during the course of the healing process.
bottom of page